Frequently Asked Questions
Below are answers to many questions you may have.
Prefer to ask us your question directly? Then contact us.
What is the difference between a psychologist and a lifestyle expert?
Our certified psychologists help users improve their resilience and overall mental well-being by fostering positive thinking and healthy behavioural patterns. They focus primarily on emotional and social well-being
Our lifestyle experts, including lifestyle doctors and nutritionists, help users enhance their energy levels and overall physical well-being by empowering them with healthier choices and lifestyle patterns that work for them. They focus primarily on nutritional guidance, sleep hygiene, energy management, female health, and breathing techniques.
What is OpenUp Family?
Since having strong, healthy relationships with our families is crucial for our happiness and well-being, with OpenUp Family, your loved ones can enjoy the same OpenUp services (self-guided care, Spaces to OpenUp, and 1:1 sessions) as you. You can offer OpenUp Family to a maximum of three direct family members.
Which family members can make use of these services?
Your partner(s): We acknowledge all forms of romantic relationships.
Your children: Biological, adopted, and stepchildren.*
Your guardians: Including adoption or stepparents
*Age restrictions apply based on your location. For the Netherlands, Germany, the United Kingdom, and Spain, children must be 16 or older. For all other countries, the minimum age is 18.
What is the difference between a mental well-being, physical well-being, and mindfulness session?
• Our mental well-being sessions are 1:1 sessions with certified psychologists to help users improve their resilience and overall mental well-being by fostering positive thinking and healthy behavioural patterns. They focus primarily on emotional and social well-being.
• Our physical well-being sessions are 1:1 sessions with our lifestyle experts (nutritionists and lifestyle doctors) that help users enhance their energy levels and overall physical well-being by empowering them with healthier choices and lifestyle patterns that work for them. They focus primarily on nutritional guidance, sleep hygiene, energy management, female health, and breathing techniques.
• Our mindfulness sessions are 1:1 sessions with our skilled experts. These sessions are tailored to each user’s specific needs and circumstances. During these sessions, our experts will carefully select and guide users through mindfulness exercises aimed at enhancing focus and alleviating stress.
How does OpenUp work?
OpenUp is a 360-degree well-being platform supporting individuals, employees, and companies.
We offer the following resources and guidance:
• Self-Guided Care: Online material, courses, and self-check-ins for independent growth and development. Explore Self-guided Care.
• Spaces to OpenUp: Interactive group sessions, masterclasses, and mindfulness practice. Discover Spaces to OpenUp.
• 1:1 Sessions: Individual sessions with psychologists and lifestyle experts in more than 25 languages. Book a Session.
What is the difference between OpenUp and regular psychological treatment?
OpenUp makes mental well-being accessible to all, helping you to deal with challenges at work or in your personal life.
Unlike regular psychological care, we do not focus on diagnoses and treatments, and you do not need a referral from your doctor. Instead, OpenUp focuses on prevention and sustainable (behavioural) change. The goal is to improve your mental well-being.
OpenUp is not a replacement for regular psychological care. If your symptoms are significant enough to warrant a diagnosis, we will recommend traditional psychological care. Equally, if your specific needs do not align with OpenUp’s services, we are happy to explore alternative options with you. We will always provide honest guidance in such cases.